Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sweet, sweet music


My son Jakob came home from school a few weeks ago sooo excited...he wanted to join the school band, an opportunity available to fourth graders and older...."Ok" I said....."What instrument do you want to play?" A fairly innocent question, i thought.....His answer: the trombone. "OH, the trombone...ok. Are you sure?" His reply: Yup! with much excitement! Well, that night was a Friday night and we couldn't leave the house until the band teacher called, which she did a few hours later...and long story short, my little man is now playing (learning to) a big instrument...he's supposed to practice three times a week, 10 minute intervals.....So, as I write this post, i am serenaded by the loud.....hmmmm....how can i describe them???.....the loud....."sounds" of the trombone....I am proud to have a budding musician around the house....I'm sure i will get used to, i mean....I surely love that sweet, sweet sound.

No comments: